The first tour that we organize for foreign tourists during their stay in Armenia is a ightseeing tour of the capital. During the excursion our experienced interpreter-guides will do their best to tell you in detail interesting stories about the places of interest in Yerevan.
YEREVAN, 2780 YEARS OF HISTORY
The city was founded by King Argishti I of Urartu in 782 BC. A cuneiform inscription on a stone slab discovered during the excavations within the city limits reads: ‘By the grace of God Khaldi, Argishti, son of Menua has built this magnificent fortress and named it Erebouni in glorification of the land of Biayna’ Yerevan, one of the oldest cities in the world, owes its name to this fortress.
Yerevan occupies a territory of about 300 sq. Kilometers. Its population is about 1.5 million. The climate here is continental: spring is short and the hot summer lasts nearly four months. Autumn is mild and sunny.
Yerevan is a city of advanced science, culture and education. Yerevan is also a major cultural center of the Republic of Armenia with numerous museums, libraries, art galleries and theatres.
Sites available upon request of the tour group:
* National Art Gallery
* National History Museum
* Erebouni Museum (Museum of ancient Yerevan )
* Matenadaran (Museum of ancient manuscripts )
* M. Saryan Museum
* Philharmonic Concert Hall. Opera Theatre
* Sports and Concert Complex
* Tsitsernakaberd (Monument devoted to the victims of the genocide in 1915)
* St. Sarkis and St. Zoravor Churches
* Yerevan Cathedral (St. Gregory Illuminator)
* Modern Art Museum
* Yerevan Cognac Factory (degustation, purchases, lunch- optional )
* National Center of Aesthetics
* Palace of Youth
* Parajanov Museum
* Mair-Hayastan (‘Mother – Armenia’, bird-eye view of Yerevan )
* Yerablour (Three Hills-Memorial devoted to the heroes of Karabagh war)
* Children’s Art Gallery
* Museum of Edward Ter-Kazaryan (Museum of miniature wonders)